Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A goy and his blog...



I am a lifelong student. Of what, you ask? Well, just about anything that strikes my fancy. I have never been willing to accept answers like "because," or "it just does, that's all." I have to know why.

I also want to know if conventional knowledge on a given subject is even accurate. "They" say you should always wash chickens before cooking, for example. In this case, "they" are wrong. They are in many other cases, as well, and these are some of the things I will be discussing in this blog.

This is not a blog for recipes. In my opinion, there are far too many recipes out there already. Type "recipes" into Google, and you end up with well over 100,000 results.I don't think I need to add another.

Instead, this blog will cover basic principles of cooking. Kitchen setup, choosing tools, caring for those tools, techniques using tools... these are just a few of the things you will find here. We'll also get a bit on the literary side, with proper pronunciations and terminology. I figure someone has to do this; there are so many celebrity chefs out there who use terms incorrectly, mispronounce them, or just plain use the wrong word when discussing things.

So, if these sound like things you would like to know, please check back often

And always feel free to ask me any cooking-related question. I'm always happy to have a new idea for a blog post.

Thanks for reading,

Kelly

No comments: